FOREST Fire Management Hume Region have advised that the following planned burns will be undertaken in Murrindindi on Friday, April 15 (Good Friday) subject to suitable weather conditions.
- New ignition of a 680 hectare Fuel Reduction Burn at Black Range – McDonald Break 7km south east of Limestone. Day 1 ignition 200 hectares.
- Continued ignition of a 542 hectare Fuel Reduction Burn at Murrindindi Horseyard Creek Track 4.5km south east of Devlins Bridge.
- Patrol of a 7.5 hectare Fuel Reduction Burn at Marysville Paradise Plains Rd – Operation 1 southern end of Marysville township.
- Patrol of a 2.8 hectare Fuel Reduction Burn at Marysville – Red Hill Road 0.1km north east of Marysville.
- Patrol of a 382 hectare Fuel Reduction Burn at Hazeldene Road 10, 4km south west of Hazeldene township.
You may be affected by smoke from these planned burns. Access to some Forest and Parks may be restricted. Road access may also be impacted.
For further information, visit plannedburns.ffm.vic.gov.au